Apple’s latest iOS 17 update has brought a range of new features to the iPhone’s keyboard. Here are some of the new features that you can expect to see:
- QuickPath: This keyboard feature allows you to swipe to type, and now works with more languages, including Arabic, Hebrew, Korean, Polish, and Romanian.
- New keyboard layouts: iOS 17 introduces new keyboard layouts for Akan, Chuvash, Hausa, Hmong, Ingush, Kabyle, Liangshan Yi, Mandaic, Mi’kmaw, N’Ko, Osage, Rejang, and Tamazight.
- Autocorrect improvements: iOS 17 has made improvements to autocorrect, including better grammar correction and sentence autofill.
- Dictation: The keyboard now includes dictation, allowing you to speak your text instead of typing it.
- Memoji stickers: The keyboard now includes new Memoji stickers, such as Halo, Smirk, and Peekaboo.
- Transformer model: The iPhone’s keyboard on iOS 17 leverages a transformer model, similar to what OpenAI uses in its own language.
- Swipe to reply: In the Messages app, you can now swipe to reply to messages.
Overall, the new features in iOS 17’s keyboard make it more versatile and user-friendly. Whether you’re typing in a new language or using dictation to write your messages, the keyboard has something for everyone. The improvements to autocorrect and grammar correction are especially helpful for those who rely on their phone for work or school. With the new Memoji stickers and swipe to reply feature, messaging is more fun and intuitive than ever before.